Fire damages Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta
Firefighters at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta (WAGA)
ATLANTA — Atlanta fire officials say they have put out a 4-alarm blaze at Tyler Perry Studios that damaged a building at the complex.
Atlanta Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jolyon Bundrige says the fire happened before 9 p.m. Tuesday and there were no reports of injuries.
He says the cause of the fire and the amount of damage to the complex was not immediately known.
A spokesman for Tyler Perry did not immediately comment Tuesday evening.
The studio’s website says the complex includes a 200,000-square-foot studio, five sound stages and a 400-seat theater in southwest Atlanta.
In March, pop star Cee Lo performed for donors at a fundraiser for President Barack Obama at the studios.
Source: Associated Press
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home