Amber Alert canceled after NC baby found safe
Jessica Chavis (NC Amber Alert)
GREENVILLE, N.C. — Authorities in Pitt County have found a 6-day-old boy and his mother, who they believe abducted him from a relative’s home.
Kayden Chavis, and his mother, Jessica Chavis, 30, were found unharmed at approximately 8:30 p.m. Monday.
Capt. Paula Dance with the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office said investigators acted on information they received and went to a home inside the Greenville city limits Monday evening.
The sheriff’s office issued an Amber Alert Monday for Kayden and Jessica Chavis. The boy had been at the home of an unidentified relative, and the Pitt County Department of Social Services was coming to take custody of Kayden because of what Dance described as cognitive issues with Jessica Chavis.
Dance said formal charges would be filed Tuesday after talks with the district attorney’s office.
Source: Associated Press
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.