Amber Alert canceled after NC baby found safe
Jessica Chavis (NC Amber Alert)
GREENVILLE, N.C. — Authorities in Pitt County have found a 6-day-old boy and his mother, who they believe abducted him from a relative’s home.
Kayden Chavis, and his mother, Jessica Chavis, 30, were found unharmed at approximately 8:30 p.m. Monday.
Capt. Paula Dance with the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office said investigators acted on information they received and went to a home inside the Greenville city limits Monday evening.
The sheriff’s office issued an Amber Alert Monday for Kayden and Jessica Chavis. The boy had been at the home of an unidentified relative, and the Pitt County Department of Social Services was coming to take custody of Kayden because of what Dance described as cognitive issues with Jessica Chavis.
Dance said formal charges would be filed Tuesday after talks with the district attorney’s office.
Source: Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k