Arrest made in deadly hunting accident in Kernersville
FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. — Deputies have arrested a man in connection with a deadly hunting accident that happened ten days ago in Kernersville.
Haylon Keith Anderson, 31, of Pisgah Church Road, has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the shooting death of Tommy Lee Clinard.
Clinard, 63, of Southwood Drive, was found with a single gunshot wound in a field in the 2300 block of Pisgah Church Road around 7 a.m. on April 16, deputies said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies said Clinard was hunting turkeys in the area and was shot by Anderson. Deputies previously said Anderson was also hunting.
Anderson was jailed in Forsyth County under a $20,000 secured bond. He has a preliminary court hearing slated for May 18.
Deputies said the N.C. Wildlife Authority is also investigating the incident.
No other details were immediately available.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home