The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
“On May 1st, I’ll be embarking on the trip of a lifetime: Taking part in a scientific expedition studying plastic pollution in the “Western Pacific Garbage Patch”. Our 72-foot sailboat, The Sea Dragon, will depart the island of Majuro, in the Marshall Islands, and cover about 2,433 nautical miles over 22 days on the way to Tokyo. (For someone who gets seasick easily, the trip alone represents a personal challenge.)”
To read more, visit triadmomsonmain.com.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave