The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
“On May 1st, I’ll be embarking on the trip of a lifetime: Taking part in a scientific expedition studying plastic pollution in the “Western Pacific Garbage Patch”. Our 72-foot sailboat, The Sea Dragon, will depart the island of Majuro, in the Marshall Islands, and cover about 2,433 nautical miles over 22 days on the way to Tokyo. (For someone who gets seasick easily, the trip alone represents a personal challenge.)”
To read more, visit triadmomsonmain.com.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.