Teacher arrested for firing blanks at his students
Manuael Ernest Dillow
ABINGDON, Va. — A Washington County teacher accused of firing a blank gun in a welding class is facing criminal charges.
Police tell media outlets that 60-year-old Manuael Ernest Dillow is charged with 12 felony counts of brandishing a weapon.
Dillow is accused of lining up a dozen students near a garage door and firing the blank gun multiple times in their direction.
Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman said the incident occurred April 4 at the William N. Neff Center in Abingdon.
No students were injured. A motive hasn’t been released.
Washington County Schools Superintendent Jim Sullivan said Dillow isn’t working now but he couldn’t comment further because it’s a personnel matter.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k