NC woman’s will leaves $9M to upstate NY college
TROY, N.Y. — A New York college has been left a $9 million gift in the will of a woman who attended the school for only two years in the 1930s.
Officials at The Sage Colleges announced Thursday that the donation from Lucile Rosenfeld Shea will go toward a new library at the school’s Troy campus.
Her bequest was recently revealed after she died at a North Carolina retirement home.
Shea attended Russell Sage College in 1937 and ’38. College officials say she had only donated modestly to the school since her time at the Troy school. Sage officials say her husband died in 2003 and the couple had no children.
In March, The Sage Colleges received their largest gift ever when a 1970 graduate and board of trustees chairwoman donated $10 million.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home