NC woman’s will leaves $9M to upstate NY college
TROY, N.Y. — A New York college has been left a $9 million gift in the will of a woman who attended the school for only two years in the 1930s.
Officials at The Sage Colleges announced Thursday that the donation from Lucile Rosenfeld Shea will go toward a new library at the school’s Troy campus.
Her bequest was recently revealed after she died at a North Carolina retirement home.
Shea attended Russell Sage College in 1937 and ’38. College officials say she had only donated modestly to the school since her time at the Troy school. Sage officials say her husband died in 2003 and the couple had no children.
In March, The Sage Colleges received their largest gift ever when a 1970 graduate and board of trustees chairwoman donated $10 million.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.