FOX8 On Your Side: Antique Scam
A Winston-Salem man thought he had picked up something at a yard sale that was worth big money, but it turned out to be a scam.
In the video above, here’s what to watch out for.
I contacted collectibleweb.com. They told me “We always did our best to protect our advertisers, including never providing a direct link to their email address, as well as advising them of possible scam attempts.”
The best way to get an item appraised is to visit a local brick-and-mortar shop.
Some shops like Laster’s will give you a verbal estimate for free.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave