Recipe: English Strawberry Shortcake
1 ½ pounds fresh strawberries quartered
½ cup granulated sugar
Toss sugar and strawberries together and set aside for 30 minutes.
1 ½ cups cold heavy cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and whip in stainless steel bowl until soft peaks. Do not over mix.
2 Cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 ½ cups heavy cream
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well with a spatula. Do not over mix. Divide into 6 even scoops. Place on baking sheet and dust with granulated sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
Slice biscuit in half, place whip cream on top of bottom half.
Laddle strawberries on top of whip cream and place top of biscuit on Strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child