Mommy Matters: Parental controls for YouTube, iPad and more
The internet can be a great place for children to learn and play games. However, many parents worry about their children discovering content that is not “kid-friendly.”
How to set “Safety Mode” on YouTube:
If you want to filter what your children can find on YouTube, you can enable “Safety Mode.” To do this, scroll to the bottom of any page on YouTube and go “Safety” and click “On.” This will block content that has been determined to not fit community standards. Some searches may return zero results and other searches will return filtered results. All comments are hidden by default. The safety mode filter also applies to related videos.
Other options for parental controls include:
iPad – you can enable restrictions by going to Settings->General->Enable Restrictions. This will allow you to remove access to certain apps, YouTube, Safari, etc.
Computer settings – You can set parental controls on your PC. Here’s a how-to guide.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview