Cyclist killed in Summerfield crash
SUMMERFIELD, N.C. — A woman riding a bicycle on Brookbank Road in Summerfield died Friday after being struck by an SUV.
Trooper Greg Ingram said the driver of the SUV claimed she never saw Katherine Henriksen Shubert, 38, of Winston-Salem, as they both traveled west on the stretch of road east of Bunch Road about 7:10 p.m. Friday.
Shubert was thrown off the bicycle as a result of the crash. She was taken to Moses Cone Hospital, where she later died of her injuries, Ingram said.
No charges have been filed against the driver of the SUV. Ingram said that the driver told them the sun blinded her.
The Guilford County District Attorney’s office is now handling Shubert’s case.
Shubert was an avid triathlete and a CPA with RJ Reynolds. Her visitation will held from 6-8 p.m. at the Forbis and Dick Chapel in Greensboro.
The family is asking that, in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions be made to the Yield for Life organization.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home