NC Democratic Party executive director resigns
RALEIGH, N.C. — The executive director of the North Carolina Democratic Party has resigned in the wake of frustrations by party activists over high turnover at the party headquarters and harassment allegations there.
Jay Parmley joined the party last year as its top administrator. The Associated Press on Sunday obtained a copy of his resignation letter in which Parmley vehemently denied harassing any party worker.
Party Chairman David Parker accepted the resignation and said he believes there have not been grounds to fire Parmley. Other party leaders have raised concerns after emails circulating within the media mentioned the allegations.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview