Recipe: Muscadine Marinated Pork Loin
• 1 Pork Loin or Sirloin Roast (1.5-2 pounds)
• ½ Cup Muscadine Ketchup (you could substitute plum sauce instead)
• 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
• 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
• 2 Tbsp. Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (such as Bragg’s)
• ¼ Cup Canola Oil
• 1-2 Tbsp. Whole Grain Mustard
• 1 Sprig Rosemary, rough chop
• 2 Cloves Garlic, smashed
• Fresh Pepper to taste
Cut pork roast into 1 ½ in. thick medallions.
Mix all remaining ingredients in a large zip-top bag, add pork medallions, seal, and mix by squeezing the bag. Marinate for at least one or two hours, preferably overnight. Remove pork from bag and place on preheated grill. Once you’ve achieved grill marks (about 2 minutes), rotate pork 45° and let sit another 2 minutes so you get cross hatch marks. Flip and repeat on other side. Internal temperature should reach 145° with a meat thermometer. (if it’s not done by the time you get your grill marks, finish in oven or move to a cooler section of the grill) Let rest about five minutes, and enjoy!