WFDD hires new station manager
Tom Dollenmayer (Winston-Salem Journal)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — WFDD 88.5-FM has hired a new station manager. Tom Dollenmayer will join the station on Monday and will oversee all aspects of WFDD’s daily operations.
Denise Franklin, the general manager of WFDD, left the station March 22 after 11 years.
“Tom was hired as station manager for WFDD,” Molly Davis, the head of marketing and community outreach for the station, explained in an email interview. “This is a separate role from general manager.
“In a large station, the general manager is like the CEO and the station manager is like the COO. In a station the size of WFDD, it is not uncommon to have one or the other position, or sometimes both, depending on how the station is staffed.”
Franklin handled both those duties during her time at the station. She was involved in the recruitment and selection of Dollenmayer for the station manager position, Davis said.
This article was written by Tim Clodfelter and originally published by The Winston-Salem Journal. Click here to read more.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault