Third teen charged in armed robbery of former Forsyth commissioner
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A third teenager was arrested today in connection with the armed robbery of former Forsyth County Commissioner Beaufort Bailey earlier this month.
Winston-Salem police charged Dajuwan Craig Lewis-Bethea, 17, of 5005 Brandemere Court, Apt. E, with robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Last week, two other Winston-Salem teens were arrested and charged with armed robbery. They were David Justice Muhammad, 18, of 2700 Speas Road, and Damarqus Keyvon Washington, 17, of 2602 Glenhaven Lane.
Bailey lives on Glenhaven Lane not far from the home of one of the teens, in northwestern Winston-Salem. At 7:50 p.m. March 17, someone rang the doorbell, Bailey said.
When he answered, three men with guns burst in, and two put guns to Bailey’s head. He wasn’t injured, but the robbers took more than $3,500 worth of cash and electronic equipment, according to police reports.
Bailey’s house was broken into Feb. 26 while he was away, and $25,850 of money, jewelry and electronic equipment was taken, police said. No arrests have been made in that incident.
This article was written by Michael Hewlett and originally published by The Winston-Salem Journal. Click here to read more.