Elderly man survives 10 days in desert
RENO, Nev. — A 76-year-old Colorado man survived 10 days in the remote Nevada desert by melting snow and using skills he learned as a Boy Scout, but his travel partner has been found dead.
Pershing County Sheriff Richard Machado says 76-year-old James Klemovich of Littleton, Colo., was in good health near his vehicle when he was found Tuesday by military personnel holding training exercises in the area.
They found 75-year-old Laszlo Szabo of Lovelock, Nev., dead about a mile and a half away from the car.
Machado says the two had been exploring mining interests, but got lost on March 18. They were reported missing by family members who hadn’t heard from them in several days.
Officials say Klemovich was treated and released from a hospital in Fallon, Nev.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k