FOX8 On Your Side: Job Ad Problems
A recent job ad promised $700 a week for an office manager position with no experience required. But it may be little more than a pyramid scheme.
In the video above, we track down the person responsible, Jeremy Howard, in Charlotte.
We’ll let you know when the attorney general’s office has finished its investigation into Howard.
Under North Carolina law, a pyramid scheme is any plan in which a participant pays money for the chance to make money when new participants join.
You should watch out for job offers that turn out to be recruitment for pyramid schemes. The AG’s office said employment ads are sometimes used to recruit new members.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k