Slain UNC student’s photo used on Indian ads
RALEIGH, N.C. — The image of slain University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson has turned up in an unlikely place: adorning billboards in southern India.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reported that Carson’s picture is being used to advertise a company called Jubeerich Consultancy, which offers study opportunities and job
placements in Western countries.
It’s not clear how the company came across the photo of the Athens, Ga. native, who was abducted, robbed and killed March 5, 2008. Two men — Laurence Lovette Jr. and Demario Atwater — are serving life sentences for Carson’s death.
The company did not respond to emails seeking comment, and a woman who answered the phone declined to give her name but said she had not seen the billboards.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants