Deputies: Reidsville man cut man, woman with box cutter
Joseph Woodrow Turner (Rockingham Co. Sheriff's Office)
REIDSVILLE, N.C. — A man was arrested after deputies said he cut a man and woman with a box cutter Wednesday morning in Reidsville.
Joseph Woodrow Turner, 46, of Reidsville, was charged after deputies said they found a 51-year-old man and a 65-year-old woman bleeding at his home on Richardson Road around 3:15 a.m.
Deputies said both were bleeding from their heads and the man also had a large cut across his chest.
Both were taken to Annie Penn Hospital. Deputies said found the victims after responding to a 911 disturbance call.
Turner was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and simple assault. He was placed in the Rockingham County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and has court April 5.
No other details were released.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave