Grandma, 55, to audition for Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders
CARROLLTON, TX — A 55-year-old grandmother of two is looking to become a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.
According to CBSDFW.com, Sharon Simmons will be 56 by the time auditions come around in early May, but she said she’ll blend right in with women in their 20s and 30s.
Simmons, a national fitness competitor, said there’s no difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds who will be trying out, the station reports.
The oldest NFL cheerleader on record is 42.
Simmons said she decided to audition after using the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume last December. She believes her experience in competing and talking with judges will help her earn a spot on the squad.
But whether she makes the team or not, Simmons said she’s “having a blast.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants