Newsmaker: Rusty Davis, Caterpillar
The operations manager of Caterpillar’s new plant in Winston-Salem is overseeing 51 workers and is hoping to have a full workforce of 500 by 2013 or 2014.
In the video above, tour the plant and see just how big the axles they’re making really are. The trucks themselves cost about $5 million apiece.
If you want to apply for positions, go to jointeamcaterpillar.com. Eventually, all future training will take place on the Forsyth Tech campus. Forsyth Tech will scale back its training as more people are trained and hired.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants