Newsmaker: Rusty Davis, Caterpillar
The operations manager of Caterpillar’s new plant in Winston-Salem is overseeing 51 workers and is hoping to have a full workforce of 500 by 2013 or 2014.
In the video above, tour the plant and see just how big the axles they’re making really are. The trucks themselves cost about $5 million apiece.
If you want to apply for positions, go to jointeamcaterpillar.com. Eventually, all future training will take place on the Forsyth Tech campus. Forsyth Tech will scale back its training as more people are trained and hired.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting