Recipe: Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
1 pound cream cheese
7/8 cup sugar
4 teaspoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest from 1/2 of a lemon
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
10 tablespoons Lemon Curd Filling (see recipe below)
10 tart shells (we suggest graham cracker crust)
10 tablespoons Lemon Curd Filling
Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Add flour, vanilla and lemon zest. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition. Add egg yolk and scrape down bowl.
Divide mixture between 10 tart shells. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon curd filling to each tart and swirl into mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees, center of oven, for 25 minutes. Rotate and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
When cool, spread 1 tablespoon of lemon curd filling over the top of each tart.
Makes – 10 tarts
Lemon Curd Filling
4 egg yolks
4 ½ ounces sugar
3 ounces lemon juice
1 pinch salt
Zest only from one lemon
1/8 pound softened butter
Measure all ingredients (except butter) into a pot. Cook on low-medium heat stirring frequently till bubbles begin to form.
Remove from heat, strain and stir in butter.
Makes – 12 fluid ounces
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview