Major roads clear, some slick spots possible
Most major roadways are clear this morning, however some slick spots are still possible as temperatures hover around freezing across the Piedmont.
The slick spots can be tricky to see, so troopers advise against driving unless it’s absolutely necessary.
Those who decide to travel are advised to keep their distance from other vehicles and keep a slow pace in the wintry conditions.
With hundreds of accidents reported across the Piedmont just hours after the sleet started falling Sunday afternoon, authorities are again urging residents to stay off the roads as much as possible.
Troopers said most of the accidents were due to drivers not having enough experience on slick or snowy roadways.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k