Update: FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd recovering after bad fall
FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd is recovering at a local hospital after she was seriously injured in a fall on Monday.
Emily was out shopping on Monday when she fell, hitting her head and breaking several bones.
On Wednesday, Emily was taken out of the intensive care unit. She has been up and walking and “continues to improve,” according to doctors.
Emily expressed her deep gratitude for everyone’s prayers and well wishes. If you would like to wish Emily the best, visit her Facebook page.
Emily will likely be out of work for several weeks while she recovers from her injuries. She will return to FOX8 after she makes a full recovery.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child