Guilford College to Receive $200,000 for Green Energy Initiatives
The school, located off Friendly Avenue in Greensboro, is installing eight solar thermal systems as one of its most recent projects. The school is getting extra money for the $1 million project through Federal Recovery Act funds.
The project will help to supply hot water to four student residence halls, the dining facility, the library and the field house.
Recovery act money is also being sent to Burlington in efforts to help pay for energy upgrades in a dozen downtown buildings.
In addition, Cox Lake Dam in Randolph County will receive some assistance through the funding.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault