Newsmaker: Kevin Carter, TIMCO
He’s one of the youngest CEOs of any major Piedmont employer, but even he says he’s having trouble finding qualified people to fill his open positions.
Kevin Carter said TIMCO is down about 250 aircraft maintenance technicians company wide and could use another 40-60 in Greensboro alone.
In the video above, Carter explains what he would like to see in the Piedmont that could fill the employment void.
The A&P license Carter mentioned in the story stands for Airframe and Powerplant. Carter also said some business, education and economic leaders are already working on his training idea.
In the meantime, you can go to timco.aero for a list of employment opportunities.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.