Liking ‘Jesus Daily’ on Facebook: Aaron Tabor, Newsmaker
He’s not a rock star or a professional athlete, yet Dr. Aaron Tabor of Kernersville has 5 million Facebook fans.
Tabor’s Jesus Daily Facebook page has amassed this incredibly large number over the past two years. Tabor said the page gets between 250,000 and 400,000 new fans a month and at least 300,000 daily interactions — comments, likes, etc.
“People are very receptive in these troubled times. People want to have a closer relationship with God, and people are seeking how to have a closer relationship with God,” Tabor said.
Tabor posted a passage from the Book of Mark, and within 15 seconds there had already been 80 interactions.
“The highest velocity post I’ve seen is over 2,000 likes in one minute,” Tabor said.
There is already an app available for the iPad, and apps will soon be available for Blackberry and Android devices.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train