Teen arrested in Burlington apartment fire
Emmanuel Lima (Mugshot courtesy: Burlington Police)
BURLINGTON, N.C. (WGHP)— A 17-year-old suspected of intentionally causing a fire at an apartment complex on Monday has turned himself in.
Emmanuel Lima was arrested around 8 p.m. Thursday. He faces a charge of first-degree arson.
Police said the fire was intentionally set at the Trails End Apartments on Joy Drive around 10:45 p.m. Monday.
One apartment, Apartment D, suffered direct damage from the blaze, while three other surrounding units had smoke and water damage.
A total of four families were displaced with damage estimated at $30,000.
Lima, who was jailed in Alamance County under a $7,500 secured bond, lived in the apartment that suffered direct damage from the blaze, police said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child